zaterdag 20 april 2013

Chanel Les Beiges



I’ve got to be honest with you; I didn’t buy this beautiful power myself. My mom bought it when she went to Paris, but after a few uses she told me she just couldn’t get on with it and said that I could have it. Being the beauty addict I am, I had (of course) been lusting over these new Chanel powders for weeks and weeks, but never picked one up since they’re so expensive and I’m very happy with the powder I’m currently using. With a huge sparkle in my eyes I took my mom’s offer (well duh) and I’ve been using it every day since.

Let’s start by getting the facts right. The name: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder. The shade: 40. The promise: setting your make up whilst still keeping the skin looking healthy and natural, without looking too shimmery or matte. The extras: an SPF of 15 PA ++ and its antioxidant ingredients, protecting the skin and calming down even the most sensitive skins. The packaging: b-e-autiful. Beige instead of black, the packaging of the Les Beiges powders is Gabrielle Chanel’s much loved beige.
I’m going to state the obvious; no. 40 is waaaaay too dark for me. My ‘real’ colour in this would be no. 20, the lightest one. I use this as a bronzer and to contour my face, and tbe effect is just lovely. It doesn’t look too orange or too muddy, it’s not shimmery at all and the powder does really melt into the skin, making it look super natural and not overdone at all. Just a light swipe with my MAC 187 brush does the trick. Even though I don’t use it as a normal face powder, I think the effect would be just as lovely; it makes your make up last all day long without making it look too cakey, which is the reason I stopped using face powders a little while ago. I’ve been fully converted to the dewy, glowy look that everyone’s been sporting lately and this powder is perfect if you don’t want your make up to slip off your face during the day, but also don’t want to lose that glow. I’m fully converted to this new generation of face powders.


Have you tried Les Beiges by Chanel? What do you think of the new generation powders?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten