donderdag 11 april 2013

NARS 'And God Created the Woman' Eye Kit



Beauty confession: I didn’t actually own a single NARS product before this. I’ve always wanted to try their blushes and lipsticks, but they don’t sell NARS here and I’m not that into ordering make up online. When my parents went to Paris last week, they were super super kind and got me the ‘And God Created the Woman’ eye kit, something which they knew I’d been lusting over for absolute ages (one month, to be exact). They picked it up at Sephora, and my mom told me they had a huuuuuge stock if just this palette. When they got home, I naturally couldn’t wait to start using it, and so I did. Yes, I broke the blogger code of ‘not touching a product before photographing it’ and I’m not even sorry.

The ‘And God Created the Woman’ eye kit consists out of the NARS Pro-Prime Smidge Proof Eyeshadow Base, their eye shader brush in no. 3 and, of course, a beautiful eye palette. The palette itself consists out of six absolutely gorgeous shades. I didn’t know the names of the shades, but apparently they’re on the back of the box. ‘Alhambra’ is a shimmery champagne colour, perfect to use as a base for a subtle smokey eye or just on its own to make your eyes pop that little bit more. ‘Bellissima’ is a taupe, ‘Kalahari’ is a warm, shimmery taupe-champagney colour, ‘Galapagos’ is a delicious shimmery dark brown colour, ‘Coconut Grove’ is a dark, sultry chocolate matte brown and ‘Night Clubbing’ is a deep black loaded with lots of golden shimmers. The colours are absolutely beautiful, just like the formula of the eyeshadows; they’re really pigmented and extremely long lasting.
The Eyeshadow Base is also really good. The light consistency makes it really nice to wear on the eyes and it makes your eyeshadow last all day long. The brush is also really good; you can use this both for packing on the product on your eyelids or also for blending the eyeshadows.
I am absolutely in love with this kit; everything is amazing and of really good quality. The only downside is that I’m a little bit afraid of using it, since the eyeshadows are a little bit small and this is a limited edition. Some of these shades are, however, available in NARS’ permanent collection, so that may be worth checking out as well. The packaging is also really beautiful, but does tend to get dirty really quickly!

Do you own this kit? What do you think of it?

5 opmerkingen:

  1. I got this recently and I looove it x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is so pretty! Definitely getting it next time I'm at Sephora. Nice review! xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Such a pretty palette, I wish I didn't already have Alhambra as I would have snapped this up. I love the eyeshadow primer, it the only one that doesn't crease on me lately :)

    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ok, ok... I'm convinced. My life isn't complete without this palette!

    Jillian
    Jillicious Cosmetics

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I wanted this before and now I really want it!
    Lovely blog by the way :)

    http://tinymeow.blogspot.com
    Kitten ♡

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen