maandag 12 mei 2014

My Everyday Makeup Routine



Even though I love trying out new products and changing up my makeup from time to time, there are a few products and makeup looks I always come back to. I think I’ve found my perfect makeup routine so far, consisting of really good quality products which are working perfect for me, so I thought I should share my everyday makeup routine with you.

The first thing I do in the morning, after I cleansed, toned and moisturized my skin, is apply some primer. I do have very oily skin with enormous pores -dramatic, I know-, so I do need to apply a really good base in order to prevent getting oily during the day and to keep my makeup last as long as possible, as I don’t like reapplying. My current primer of choice is the Body Shop’s Tea Tree Pore Minimizer. I only need to use the tiniest amount of product, as a little really goes a long way. I really like the consistency of this product, as it leaves my skin velvety smooth and mattified. I don’t really see a significant difference in the size of my pores, but my makeup goes on a lot smoother and my skin doesn’t really get oily when I apply this under my foundation.
My foundation and concealer of choice have been featured on the blog before. I dabble in and out of foundations and concealers; I’m not really one to constantly repurchase a product when I run out of it, because I like to try new products with different formulas from time to time. This, however, is my third bottle of the Estée Lauder Double Wear Light foundation and my second one of the Double Wear concealer. I find myself always coming back to the Double Wear range, as it really is quite amazing. I don’t like the normal Double Wear foundation, as it smells and feels a little bit like putting paint on your face, but the light formula is absolutely perfect for me. Whilst the coverage isn’t as high as the original Double Wear, I find it really buildable. It doesn’t really have a scent and is much more blendable and easier to work with. The Double Wear concealer is by far my favorite concealer ever; it has high coverage, stays all day, it dries up matte and you only need the tiniest amount. My only problem with these products is that even the lightest shades are a tiny bit too dark for me, so I really need to make sure to blend it all the way down my neck.
I first apply my foundation, using my fingers to apply it evenly all over my skin. The warmth of my fingers makes the product really melt into the skin. I use pressing and rolling movements with my fingers to distribute the product evenly over my skin, then use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to make sure everything is blended well. I use the same technique with the concealer.
After I applied my foundation, I do my brows. I don’t apply powder immediately after putting on my base, because I want to give my foundation and concealer some time to dry. For my brows, I use the Benefit Brow Zings kit in the shade light. I only use the powder- I do like the wax, but I find that it makes my eyebrows look a little bit too dark. I’m a blond, so black eyebrows really aren’t a good look! I use the Real Techniques eyebrow brush and apply the product using light, feathery strokes.
After that, I set my makeup using the Clinique Blended Face powder. I prefer loose powders over pressed ones. They’re messy, but they mattify my skin a little bit more and provide a tiny bit more coverage. I just use a random fluffy powder brush and apply the powder with pressing motions, to avoid my foundation from slipping around. I also apply this on my eyes- I don’t own an eyeshadow primer at the moment, and I find that a little bit of powder on the eyelids does the trick just as well.
Moving on to eyes- I change up my eyeshadow nearly every day, but I’ve found an eyeshadow combination which I’m really loving at the moment. As a base, I apply the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze. This is such an amazing product- it’s super easy to apply and the shade is absolutely gorgeous. I apply this on the entire eyelid using my ring finger to blend it out. After that, I apply a little bit of MAC Sable eyeshadow in the crease, using my MAC 244 blending brush. The combination of these two is so so gorgeous; they really complement each other, and it’s such a quick and easy look as well.
For mascara, I’ve gone back to my trusty Estéé Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara- an old favourite of mine. This is literally one of the best mascaras I’ve ever come across, as it’s volumizing, lengthening and separating, all in one. I usually apply two coats- I first coat the roots of the lashes for volume, then put on another coat just on the lengths to make them look as long as possible.
For bronzer, I’ve been loving the Body Shop Honey Bronzer in the lightest shade. This is a really subtle bronzer, which doesn’t look muddy nor orange.
My lip product of choice varies every day, but at the moment I’ve been absolutely adoring the NYX lip gloss in the shade ‘Beige’. It’s just the perfect ‘my lips but better’ shade, and it’s so easy to just throw on, as I don’t like to spend a lot of time on my lips. It does have a pretty strange scent though- it smells like marzipan, which I don’t really like, but you get used to it. It also feels a little bit tingly when you apply it at first, I don’t know if it’s because it has lip plumping properties, but it certainly feels like it!

So that’s my everyday makeup routine. Quick and easy, but foolproof. Most of the products I use are a little bit more expensive, but when it comes to makeup, I definitely prefer quality over quantity. Because my skin is quite acne prone and oily, it’s really hard to find great drugstore products. I don’t really own a lot of makeup, but I do use everything I own, so that’s what counts, right?
What’s your everyday makeup routine? Have you tried some of these products?

6 opmerkingen: