maandag 15 juli 2013

The Everyday Summer Makeup



First off: chronic bitchface alert, sorry. Second: ‘everyday summer’ as in ‘what I wear on my face when it’s super hot outside’, not ‘it’s summer every day wooohooo!’, even though I wish the latter was true. Seeing as the weather has been absolutely amazing the past couple of weeks, I had to change up my make up routine a little bit. Not I’m really extravagant in my daily make up choices, but hey, even changing up my everyday lipsticks is a big deal for me. I’ve even been experimenting with blue and purple eyeliner, but I’m saving that for another blog post. I feel like these posts are becoming a little bit boring seeing as most of the products featured here I’ve already talked about numerous times before, but I’m not really one for buying makeup (I’m more a skincare kind of girl, even though I don’t really talk about skincare much on the blog) and therefore most of my makeup fits into one box. But for those of you who are interested on what I wear on those hot and steamy summer days, keep reading.

For my base, I’ve been cracking out the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation. I wasn’t really loving it when I first got it because it’s a lot different than the foundations I usually try, but a couple of days ago I thought I’d give it another go and I have been wearing it every day since. The finish is just so beautiful and glowy, and it makes me look more awake in seconds. I haven’t really been sleeping that well the past couple of days duet o the heat, but this foundation seems to cover that really well, which is why I’ve been loving it so much, I think. It lasts all day on my oily-combination skin, but I do need to use a powder when I use this, which is my trusty Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre. A light dusting of powder is definitely a must for me in this weather, as my T-zone can get quite oily during the day which means my makeup can slide off my face. I do like a dewy finish, but I don’t like looking too oily either and I find it quite hard to find that balance.
For concealer, another usual suspect; my Estée Lauder Double Wear concealer. My favourite concealer ever, and I’m not planning on purchasing another concealer anytime soon.
I’ve been dusting quite a lot of the Chanel Les Beiges powder in B40 on my cheeks as a bronzer. I find that this is the perfect shade to warm up my face and it looks super natural. I love these kind of sheer, natural-looking powders and even though I’m more of a blusher girl, this has swayed me over to the dark side.
For brows, my Catrice eyebrow pencil is my best friend. It’s the perfect match for me and I love that it has a little brush on the end.
I recently repurchased the l’Oréal Telescopic mascara and I’ve fallen head over heels in love with it- again. I bought it around this time last year and I absolutely love dit, but because I’m such a beauty addict I always want to try something new when I run out of a beauty product, so I didn’t repurchase it. I missed it, however, and because my Clinique mascara is slowly drying up I thought I would give this another go. It’s love. Perfect length, definition and separation; this is hands down the best mascara I have ever tried. I love the thin brush, which makes it so easy to apply and separate the lashes and it has made my lashes appear longer than any other mascara I’ve ever tried. I just love it. I think it’s getting discontinued though, since it was the only one left when I went to pick it up and I’ve never seen it in any other stores, which makes me a very sad girl.
On the lips, MAC’s Lovelorn is the perfect sheer blue-toned pinky lipstick. It’s moisturising and the colour is really buildable, which means I’ve been reaching for this most days.

So this is my fuss-free long-lasting summer makeup routine. I love every single one of these products, and they’re almost all holy grail products to me. Have you tried any of these before? What are your favourite summer makeup items?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten