woensdag 11 juli 2012

sunday thoughts #1


001. I did originally want to do a little update on my life once a week, like maybe every Saturday of Sunday, but I did have some great news that I'm very excited about and that I would like to share with you all! As you might or might not now, I'm going to University in September to start my Psychology course! I've been very excited about it but also so, so nervous because I'm really not that good with new people, so I'm a little bit afraid that I won't make any friends when I'm there, which kind of sucks, but luckily, a very good friend of mine is joining me and we're going to live together! After searching for a home in our futur uni town for a very, very long time, we've finally found a great place! We have our own little kitchen and a brand new shower, there's a supermarket on the corner of the street along with two drugstores, a lot of cute, tiny little restaurants and a bus stop very nearby. There's a bus every 15 minutes, which is a huuuuge difference to my home town, where the buses do only drive every hour (in the weekend even every two hours!) or so! We're both so excited and I just can't wait to head to IKEA to buy some lovely bits and pieces for my room. I do already have quite a few! The room is already furnitured (it has a big, ugly brown closet and brown cupboards in it which I'm not allowed to paint white or something, eek!) but I'm planning on making it look beautiful. The matress is also very, very hard but I'm going to try to sleep on it first and then maybe get a new one/change it with the other matress in the house! We're living with the sweetest old lady EVER (she lives on the first floor, whilst we live on the second floor) and I can't tell you enough how EXCITED we both are!

002. Does anybody else sometimes get that horrible feeling that they're not allowed to feel excited? That something just can't be that perfect, that something horrible is going to happen? Yeah, I get that feeling pretty often (pretty much every single time I'm happy! If something good happens, that is) and it just really, really really really REALLY really sucks! It just causes me to have so many panic attacks. Reading this post written by the lovely Zoe has really helped me though, it's just so informative and I've already bookmarked it! It's actually more informative than some internet websites.

003. I've finally bought some Origins skincare which I'm literally SO excited about, I've always wanted to try some things by them but I always thought it was quite expensive as a brand, but now I do finally have some money I decided to take the splurge and invest in some skincare! I'm going to try everything tonight (does anyone else get overly excited by the thought of fresh, brand new skincare and pampering themselves?! I most certainly do!) and I can't wait to share my findings with you! I've also bought some lovely and gorgeous make up items (I did already tell you this in my last blog post, uh oh haha) and I'm already loving them so far.

004. I'm going to see Bon Iver in November! Eeeeek! I do already have the tickets for a month (this month has gone by so quickly, aah!) but I just thought I should share it with you, since it something I'm very, very excited about (if I didn't already shared it on my blog? I can't seem to remember!). I'm actually so honoured that I'm going to see such a talented, incredible, perfect and gorgeous musician live. I've been a fan of Justin and his music for almost 3 (!) years now and when his show in my country got sold out last October, I was pretty sad. So when I saw that he was coming back this November I literally called my dad the instant I saw it on Facebook and he ordered me the tickets! I'm going with a very good friend of mine which I haven't even talked to in ages, so we're going to have so much fun since we do already have so much stuff to catch up on!

How's your week been going? I hope everyone's been doing okay!

xoxo,
Charlotte

1 opmerking:

  1. Ohh, you future uni life sounds exciting! I'm sure you'll make tons of friends but it's lovely that you have a friend going to the same place! Looking forward to hearing what you think of the origins skincare :) x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen