dinsdag 15 januari 2013

Winter Lips & Nails


The holiday season is well and truly over, new years resolutions have been made and we're all back in our normal, everyday work/school-routines. For me, as soon as Christmas is over, I start to crave a little bit of warmth and sunshine, and I can't wait until we're allowed out of our homes without a thick winter coat, a wooly scarf and that trusty burgundy bobble hat. But alas, it's still winter, and we can't change anything about that, so we better just keep our chin up and brave the cold weather (and even snow, in some places). Chapped lips and rough nails are part of our daily struggles, and I think I have found a few products that make these little daily annoyances a little bit more enjoyable.

For lips, I've recently been using the Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm. The name says it all really; Rêve de Miel means 'Dreams of Honey', and oh boy, they couldn't be more right. This little lipbalm is literally a dream to apply. Smelling of citrus and honey, it moisturises your lips to the point that they look plum, fresh and hydrated. This little gem doesn't dry out your lips, like I've experienced with some other lip balms, which is such a plus. I apply it every night right before I go to sleep, and in the mornings before I put my lipstick on.
Speaking of lipstick, this L'Oréal Rouge Caresse in 202 Impulsive Fuchsia is a dream for all of us who are prone to chapped lips in winter. The Rouge Caresse line is one of my favourite line of lipsticks (see a previous post about them here!). Being really moisturising and an absolute pleasure to apply- you don't even need to look into the mirror- they're just one of the most easy-wearing lipsticks I've ever tried. Okay, the lasting power isn't that great- but what would you expect with a super-moisturising lipstick like this one? The shade range is absolutely beautiful. This one in particular is a nice blue toned, bright pink which brightens your face immediately after application. This + de Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm = bye bye chapped lips! Say hello so super moisturised, plump lips and the brightest smile you can possibly get.
Last but not least is this L'Occitane Rose 4 Reines Velvet Hand Cream. If you like the smell of roses as much as I do, you will need to have this. I've always been a sufferer of winter hands. As soon as the weather gets a little bit colder, my hands start to feel rough, and if I don't do something about that as soon as possible, they even start bleeding- yes, really. This moisturising and heavenly smelling hand cream transforms my rough hands into smooth, rosy-smelling goodness.

So I know how I'll be protecting myself against the freezing cold weather we're all braving at the moment. What are your cold winter day saviours?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten