donderdag 31 januari 2013

YSL Glossy Stain in Rouge Gouache


Yes, I can finally use my DSLR again! :)

Ah, liquid lipsticks. The new 'must-have' make up items. I've heard about these a little while ago and couldn't wait to get my hands on these, so when I went shopping last week I knew I had to have one. I had already heard a lot about the YSL Glossy Stains, but after swatching them on my hand I was sold; I  needed one of these. At first, I was thinking about getting one of the more neutral sides, but my more adventurous side got the better of me and I ended up with this lovely, bright shade called no. 11 Rouge Gouache. After having a little play with this, I am now absolutely sure I need more of these in my life.

Let me begin with explaining what liquid lipsticks are, for those of you who don't know already. They're basically just 'lipsticks, but liquid' (yes- what's in a name, huh?). They have got a little spongey applicator, like some lipglosses have, and the product itself is just a very pigmented, long-lasting lipgloss. Which thus makes it a liquid lipstick.
The applicator makes it really easy to apply; the slightly curved stick makes the application very precise. You can just wear one layer of this, but I always wait until it dries before I apply another layer. I find that this makes the lipstick not only last a little bit longer, but it also makes the color 'pop' more.
And what about the color? Well, it certainly isn't one of those colors you would wear everyday, but that certainly doesn't change the fact that it's just beautiful. I would describe it as a 'pinkish red', because on me, it looks a little bit more bright pink. I've seen other people wearing this and it looked more red on them, so this might have something to do with my lip pigmentation. I wear this with lashings of mascara and a fresh, flawless base to really bring attention to my lips.

Have you tried any of these yet? I'm really tempted to try the Rimmel Apocalips next!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten