maandag 18 maart 2013

An Update #1




A little bit of a different post today. Lately, I’ve been reading lots and lots of lifestyle posts, and being a little bit inspired by all of the lovely girls I’ve been online stalking, I thought I should write a more personal blog post, just to share a little bit of my life on this small piece of the interwebz that I’m allowed to call mine.

001. Last Monday, we celebrated my stepdad’s birthday. My mom cooked us a wonderful roast dinner which we ate on the lovely round table in our living room- a place we only use on special occasions. The food was absolutely lovely- pork with rosemary and a mystery sauce (my mom doesn’t want to tell me what’s in it), cauliflower, salad and pommes duchesses, with pudding for dessert. Yesterday, we celebrated again in a restaurant. We ate steak with mushroom sauce and frites, accompanied by a glass of rose wine and again, pudding with strawberries on top for dessert. Safe to say that my inner foodie feels satisfied after a week filled with lovely eats. I get hungry even thinking about all of the delicious food I ate this week.
002. I’m starting a beautician crash course this Wednesday, and it’s safe to say that my social anxiety doesn’t approve. After quitting university this January (I was studying Psychology which, after long consideration, prove to be nothing for me), I am now 99.99% sure that Journalism is where’s my heart at, so I’m starting a Journalism course in September. For now, I need to find something to fill my time with (except for work) and since I’ve been obsessed with beauty for quite a few years, I thought this would be a good choice. I’m really nervous though; I’m not so good at meeting new people and the thought of having to go there and find my way around the building on my own terrifies me beyond belief. I guess I just have to suck it up and pretend to be confident etc., but I still get nauseous even thinking about it. Please tell me I’m not the only one?! (Feels good to be able to write about it on my blog though!).
003. After putting it off for a few weeks, I’ve finally managed to start reading Lolita again. I’m now 100 pages in, and I absolutely adore the way it’s written. It’s quite hard to read and you have to be concentrated all of the time to understand Nabokov’s puns, but that’s what I love about it and I think that Lolita is on it’s way to become my no. 1 book. As I said in this post, I absolutely adore reading and writing, but I always put it off for some reason (not enough time, too tired etc.) but if I do manage to read something, I always enjoy it so much. I’m promising myself to read at least 10 pages a day now.
004. Lastly, I would like to mention a few ladies whose blogs I’ve absolutely been adoring lately. First, there’s the lovely Emily. Her lifestyle blog is my absolute favourite. She has a very humoristic and no-nonsense outlook on blogging, which is why I love her so much. Her beautiful photos and way of writing always draw me in (along with the little sneak peek she gives into her life!). Another blog I’ve been absolutely loving lately is Charlotte’s. I adore her way of writing and you should just check her out, because her blog is absolutely amazing.

I hope you liked this enormous post. It’s a little bit different from what I normally talk about on this blog (which is mainly beauty-focused), but it’s also really nice to talk about what’s currently going on in my life. It’s always nice to write about what’s on your mind; it relieves me to a certain point and always puts things into perspective. I'm off for a nice reading session with a lovely cuppa and some Oreos now! Let me now if you liked this post. Would you like to see more lifestyle posts on here? 

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Looks yummy<3 Sounds like you had a productive week, good luck with everything! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? We also have a giveaway going on right now! xx

    Blog: sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    Enter our current Giveaway!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It really was :) thank you, yesterday went well so I'm really happy! Following you! xx

      Verwijderen
  2. Love this post. I recently started doing lifestyle within my blog too and I love it. I get to read it back and look at pictures of some amazing times. Hope you have fun with this new direction, I think it may inspire you to do more things too.

    Will definitely be coming back to your blog for updates :)

    Beka

    xx

    bekasbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much, this is a really nice comment :) Yes, I think it's really nice to have a bit of a photo diary of your life which you can look back at after a while. Thank you!
      xx

      Verwijderen