dinsdag 26 maart 2013

Smoked Out


I’m not really an eyeshadow type of girl. Most days, I just chuck on some mascara and lipstick and I’m ready to go. I used to be one of those girls who wore a thick line of black liquid liner , and occasionally, I would wear a nude colour on my eyelids just for a little bit extra shimmer. This is why I don’t really own eyeshadows. Lately, I’ve been getting more and more interested in eyeshadow and I’m even thinking of buying some MAC eyeshadows, just so I can start getting more into wearing colour on my eyelids. I’ve been experimenting with the eyeshadows I already own today, and I thought I should write a little blog post on it.

For the base, I’ve dug out an old favourite of mine; the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. I bought this in the summer as I’m a sucker for a good ol’ blogging hype, and loved it at the time, but I have kind of forgotten about it. The smell reminds me of summer; it smells really fresh and fruity. I would say that the coverage is medium but buildable; it has definitely a lot more coverage than what I would usually go for, but I like a little bit of change from time to time. It leaves my skin kind of dewy and really fresh and radiant looking, and I would say that it does exactly what it says on the bottle. I also really like the packaging!
On to the eyes, I’ve used the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour in 35 – On and on Bronze. This is a really nice brown cream eyeshadow, which I applied with my finger to create a nice eyeshadow base. You can apply this lightly for just a tiny wash of colour, but the colour is also really buildable so you can also use this for creating an intense smokey eye. On top of that, I’ve been using the YSL Waterproof Eyepencil. I got this in a set and even though I’m not really one for kohl eyeliners, but this one is really creamy and pigmented. I drew a thick line on my upper eyelid which I then blended out using a little blending brush, to make it blend into the cream eyeshadow.
On top of the eyeliner, I’ve been using my favourite colour out of the Sleek i-Divine Au Naturel Palette (which is sadly enough the only eyeshadow palette that I own- I know what you’re thinking + it's looking gross, I'm sorry!). The colour I’m talking about is the fourth colour on the bottom row, starting from the left. It’s a really nice, shimmery cool dark brown colour. I think the quality of this palette is really good, especially for the price; the eyeshadows are really pigmented. I blended this together with the cream shadow and the eyeliner to create a more intense ‘smokey eye’.
On the lips, I’ve kept it neutral with just a tiny bit of MAC’s Dazzleglass Crème in Sublime Shine (at least that’s what I think it’s called?). It’s a really nice coral lipgloss which came with the Illustrated collection, together with the Ravishing lipstick I blogged about yesterday and another lipliner. I don’t really like the formula of these, because they’re quite thick and sticky, but the colour is absolutely gorgeous.

So this is my very first attempt at using different eyeshadows to create one eye look. I’m not that happy with it, but I think it’s a good start. Do you have any recommendations for MAC eyeshadows? What are your favourites?

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Very beautiful!! I love MAC's Trax, one of my fave eyeshadows x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This looks great on you :) you really suit it. Mac woodwinked is a gorgeous colour :)
    I have that foundation too.loving it at the moment xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. your blog is really good)loves it)

    would you like to follow each other?)

    xoxo Christy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen