vrijdag 15 maart 2013

Three... Bases



Another day, another post about bases. I think you should know by now that I do love me a good base. Preferably sheer and lightweight, with just the right amount of coverage for my specific needs (read: acne scarring with a few leftover spots). Today, I’m going to share with you my three go-to bases, ranked from lowest to highest coverage.

My first go-to base is the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser (review here). This is one of my most reached for products, even though I’m trying to save it for summer. Being the perfect light-weight-but-good-coverage tinted moisturiser, I do not only feel that this little product gives me great coverage but I also feel like it does something good for my skin. I’ve been swaying more and more towards the tinted moisturisers and BB creams front (something that a younger me would have declared me crazy for), and I believe that this product is the perfect one to start with if you’ve never tried a tinted moisturiser or BB cream before.

Well, I’ve been known to be a little bit of a make up snob when it comes down to foundations and other products you put directly on your skin, like concealer, powder etc. Being a formal sufferer of acne and just plain problem skin, I always had a feeling that cheaper foundations would break me out because of their nasty ingredients. The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum has completely changed my opinion on high street foundations. Not only does this smell absolutely gorgeous, the finish is just absolutely lovely- dewy and radiant, just how I like it. The finish of it is quite sheer and tends to lean more to the tinted moisturiser front, but it still is enough to make me feel confident about my skin. Another plus- it’s as cheap as chips!

My last go-to foundation is the Dior Nude Skin Foundation. I bought this on a whim back in October, after having read a few reviews on it, and it’s been one of my holy grail foundations ever since. Its luminous finish, lightweight feeling and velvety soft finish are what won me over, and I’ve been using it daily ever since. It has almost run out though, and because it’s quite expensive I don’t know if I’m going to repurchase it just yet- I’ve got enough bases to keep me going for almost two years, I reckon.

I like to shake things up once in a while and mix these three in together (not all at once, of course!). A good base is a must for a gorgeous make up look, and I do sure as hell know how to achieve mine and get my healthy glow on. What are your favourite base products? Any recommendations? I’m eyeing up the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint or the Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB Cream

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Lovely post I have to try these out! My mum has used the Bourjois Healthy mix serum and she loves it but I do like the sound of the Dior foundation :) x
    www.krystelcouture.co.uk

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It is really lovely, it's actually the cheaper version of the Dior one but I think I prefer the Dior one slightly more :) xx

      Verwijderen
  2. Ooh, I will have to give the bourjois one a try. I haven't got on with any of the products that i have tried from borjois in the past so fingers crossed I will like it ! x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I have heard about this 'Bourjois
    Healthy Mix Serum' before, it has
    great reviews overalls c:
    Nice haul!

    xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. My favourite base currently is Estee Lauder's Double Wear. I love applying it with my real techniques buffing brush which quite possibly is my favourite brush of all time! I want to try all the bases you have mentioned, they all seem to get good reviews x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. That used to be my favourite foundation for so long, I've repurchased it three times! Way too much coverage for me now though, if you fancy something lighter you should try one of these! :) The buffing brush is absolutely amaaaaazing! xx

      Verwijderen
  5. Very nice entry. I usually use La Roche Posay BB Cream. Check it out! IT's very nice :)

    Feel free to join my new giveaway!

    http://victoria-coeurdor.blogspot.be/2013/03/giveaway-win-pair-of-new-firmoo-glasses.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Didn't know they had a BB cream. Need to check it out :) xx

      Verwijderen
  6. I really want to try the laura mercier, Ive heard so many wonderful things and you can't go wrong with Real Techniques brushes! I think the bourjois foundation is next on my list of bases to try!

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Personally as I have such crap skin I need really full coverage x

    mac lipstick giveaway currently running! x. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen