donderdag 7 maart 2013

The Make Up Bag



I like to have a little make up bag in my handbag with a few of my personal essentials in it. Even though I’m not really one for touch ups during the day, I like to take some bits and bobs with me for the sole reason that it makes me feel ‘safe’. As I have said many times before, I like to focus on a flawless base and lips, which means that I mainly carry products that serve for those purposes with me.

The first product is one I’ve had in my make up collection for as long as I can remember. In fact, it’s the first ‘concealer’ I’ve ever started using (I stole it from my mother!). YSL’s Touche Eclat isn’t really a concealer, but more of a highlighter. I apply this underneath my eyes and on top of my cheekbones to create an optical illusion of glowy cheekbones and make those under eye circles disappear.
I also carry MAC’s Lovelorn with me everywhere I go. This pinky shade is the perfect lipstick that literally  goes with anything. It’s a lustre finish, which means that it leaves a sheer finish but still leaves the perfect amount of colour on your lips whilst still nourishing them.
The next concealer is A LOT more heavy duty than the YSL Touche Eclat. This Estée Lauder Double Wear concealer is about as heavy coverage as you get. You only need the tiniest amount of it in order to avoid it looking cakey, and I use this on my blemishes/scarring or under my eyes, if I find my eyebags aren’t concealed enough.
The last make up product I carry with me is the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector (phew!) in number 01- the pinky one. These are often referred to as ‘the best lipgloss EVER’, and I think I’ll have to agree. This lovely lipgloss makes my lips look pinky and glossy, and another bonus is that they taste like cookies and cream- even though I’m convinced that eating your make up probably isn’t the best idea.

Another product I always carry with me isn’t a make up product, but it still resides in my make up bag amongst the bobby pins and hair bands as it comes in just as handy. It’s the Origins Sensory Therapy Peace of Mind On-The-Spot Relief- another mouthful! It’s a little salve –excuse the lack of vocabulary, I just don’t really know another word for it – which you can apply on your temples, necks, wrists, in between your eyes,… everywhere! It smells really relaxing and is meant to soothe anxiety, relieve stress and just makes you feel a thousand times better. I don’t really know if it’s just the placebo-effect or if it really does what it says on the tin, but I believe that it really works and it’s something I can’t really live without anymore.

So those were my make up bag essentials. I don’t know about you, but I don’t really think it’s necessary to pack two of the same products… What do you always carry with you? Any make up bag essentials I need to know of?

12 opmerkingen:

  1. I have lovelorn from mac and really like it too :)xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I love MAC lipsticks. I find their sheen supreme formulas even better for every day wear.

    Wanna follow each other?
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Never tried their sheen supreme formulas, i think I have too haha :)
      xx

      Verwijderen
  3. I love the double wear foundation but have never tried the concealer is it good?
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Its amazing! Really full coverage but doesn't feel that heavy on the skin :)
      xx

      Verwijderen
  4. I carry round a little bag like this too :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. That mac lipstick is gorgeous and I really want to try the concealer!

    A little bit Unique

    x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Great selections! I've heard such good things about the Clarins Lip Perfectors and MAC Lovelorn looks lovely :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen