dinsdag 5 maart 2013

Flawless Face, Bold Lips



I love a flawless face. I believe that your skin must be the part of your face that you’ll pay the most attention to, purely because it’s the most visible part of your face and it’s an accessory you will carry with you for your entire life. This is why I invest more in my skin than in anything else; skincare, foundations etc. There are, however, two drugstore foundations that I absolutely adore- more on that later. Today, I wanted to show you one of my favourite make up looks. A flawless face and a bold lip; these are the products that have made the cut.

For foundations, I tend to have the philosophy that ‘the lighter, the better’. I don’t really like full-coverage foundations, mainly because of my experience with Estée Lauder Double Wear (the light version is really good though!), so my go-to foundation look is a light base with a good amount of concealer.  My favourite foundation so far is Dior Nudeskin foundation. This is a mineral foundation, which means it also does something good for your skin and makes it able to breathe through the make up. Being very light, this gives me the perfect coverage and tones out my skin tone, whilst also concealing a few of my blemishes and evens out my dark circles, but those still remain a little bit visible, so I do find that I need to use a good concealer; YSL Touche éclat and Estée Lauder Double Wear concealer (yes, I do like the concealer!) but both aren’t pictured here. To finish of my base, I’ve been using the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre. I apply this with the little powder puff that comes with it, then dust it out with a huge, fluffy powder brush. I do, however, only apply this on my forehead, nose and chin- to keep it short, my T-zone. I do this to keep the luminous, radiant finish of the foundation.
Loose powders leave a much more flawless finish then pressed ones, which is why I love using this, but I also adore my Rimmel Stay Matte powder if I just want a matte finish. This Chanel one is perfect if you want just a little bit more coverage- be careful though, as you do only need a little bit of it or else your make up will look cakey! I see this huge tub lasting me for a good time.
To contour the cheeks and give a little bit of warmth and definition to my face, I love to use the Clarins Bronzing Duo in 03 – Dark (review here!). I don’t need to say much about this- I love it! This really pigmented bronzer is perfect to give the illusion of perky model-like cheekbones, which I, unfortunately, do not possess. You can also use this as a finishing powder in the summer, when you’re a little bit tanned. I know I will for sure, I love a good multi-use product!

So this is where our base is done and the bright lip comes in. I love bright lips; they instantly seem to make me look more awake and give a little bit of colour to my face. I also think that bright pinks do really complement my blue eyes, which is another reason why I love wearing them.
I’ve always wanted to try one of the YSL Glossy Stains. Their innovative formula and lovely colour range are what swayed me to buy one of them. Yes, they’re quite expensive- but they’re worth it. I picked the colour ‘Rouge Gouache’ which, on me, is a bright pink, but on other people it looks like a vibrant red colour, so I can’t quite make my mind up about it! It is a lovely, summery colour though and the lasting power of this is amazing. The lady at the counter told me that I had to apply one layer, wait a few seconds until it had dryed and then apply another one to prolong its lasting powder and it worked wonders for me. It does, however, smell and taste a little bit like paint and my lips sting a little bit when I apply it. I don’t know if it’s just these or if it is the general formula of these new hyped-up liquid lipsticks. We’ll see.

So there you have it, one of my favourite looks to wear. Easy, low maintenance and just plain gorgeous. What are your favourite make up looks to wear?

2 opmerkingen:

  1. i love YSL! would love to see this look on you (:

    xx S.
    http://sunsetswings.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Me too! I tried taking a picture, but the lighting was really bad. Still need to experiment with my camera a little bit!
      xx

      Verwijderen