dinsdag 12 maart 2013

Winged Eyes, Red Lips


I am a big lover of a good ol’ classic look. This is probably the reason why I enjoy reading about make up history so much, and I’m always looking up looks from the past few decades to draw some inspiration from. One of the most recreated and wearable classic looks, however, is without a doubt the black liquid winged eyeliner and a matte red lip. Combined with glowing skin, I tried to adapt this look to the more modern looks we are embracing nowadays; healthy, glowing, sheer covered skin instead of that perfect matte canvas. Evened-out, dewy skin.

To start with our sheer-but-still-flawless canvas, I applied a little bit of my current favourite primer, the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch. This lovely base evens out your skin, which guarantees perfect foundation- or in this case, BB cream- application. I absolutely adore the way this makes my skin feel; velvety soft and flawless. I also find that it makes my foundation, tinted moisturiser, BB cream or whatever else I’m using next last a lot longer.
The next product I’ll be using is a relative new one to my stash. The Erborian BB cream in light claims to be a 5-in-1 product, telling us that it’s a “total sheer” make-up-care cream with “baby skin” effect. I’m currently having a love affair with this BB cream. It’s quite a thick substance and feels really nourishing on the skin. All imperfections are concealed whilst the BB cream itself feels really lightweight. I really do believe that this is the perfect base for this look; flawless, yet sheer coverage with a dewy finish.
Then, on to the wing. This is the part of the look you can’t really afford to mess up. I use the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24h. This pitch-black gel eyeliner is super opaque, which guarantees the perfect black wing. It comes with a tiny little brush. I normally don’t really like the brushes that come readily with a certain make up product since they can be of really poor quality, but this one is actually quite good! I dip it into the eyeliner gel and wipe off the excess. I then put my pinky finger on the top of my cheek, for extra support, and start in the middle of the eye, lining the wing with my waterline whilst trying not to move my hand too much.
After I tried to create the perfect wing, it’s now time to create perfect red lips. You can use a red lipliner pencil as a base and to perfect the edges, but I sadly enough don’t own one- I know, beauty blogger fail. Instead, I use a lip brush to fill in my lips using my lipstick of choice- the Kate Moss for Rimmel Matte lipstick in 107, a dark berry red- and then just go over my lips with the bullet of the lipstick to make them look more opaque. I might use a tiny little bit of concealer using the same (but cleaned!) brush- the Real Techniques detailer brush, which comes with the Core Collection- to perfect my lips. I don’t use any blusher or bronzer, since I find that this look is already heavy enough on its own and doesn’t need any more accents.


There’s something so chic, so classy and elegant about this look that I always rely on it whenever I’m going out or just feel like spicing up my more boring, natural every day look. Is this a look you often wear? What are your favourite classic looks?


7 opmerkingen:

  1. I love wearing winged eyeliner at the moment as my nod to the 'classic' look, I would love to pair it with a red lip but I don't think I'm brave enough x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It is quite a heavy look and it took me a while to build up courage to wear them both (especially since I live in a really small town where people constantly judge you, haha) but it's just too much of a gorgeous look! xx

      Verwijderen
  2. Woah, that lipstick is so gorgeous! I'm definitely going to treat myself to a cheeky shopping trip and pick this one up tonight, it's such a nice, deep colour! I bet it's AMAZING with winged liner x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It is, and it's so cheap, too! Stays all day too :) xx

      Verwijderen
  3. I love a bold lip! Really ups the drama.

    I have a giveaway going on right now :)
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. What an interesing review! Great post!
    And by the way - would you like to follow each other? I'd be very glad! Let me know, dear ♥

    xx
    Nati
    4-trendy.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen