zaterdag 23 maart 2013

Operation Hydration


With the snowy spring days we’ve been having lately, we’ve all been feeling a little bit under the weather. To give our moods and our body a little bit of boost, we could use just that little bit extra hydration to keep us in check before the warmer days are well and truly there and we can embrace the lighter lotions and potions. Take a look at my hydration essentials…

First up is our body. After stepping out of a really hot bath or shower to warm us up after a long, cold day, our legs and arms can often feel really dry and sore. To combat the dryness of my limbs, I use the Nivea Soft Milk body lotion, which is a thick cream that still absorbs into your skin really quickly and makes you feel all smooth, especially after shaving. A few times a week, I mix it with the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse dry oil, just for that little bit of extra hydration. After that, I also use one pump off the stuff, warm it up in between my hands and apply it to the ends of my hair, which have been looking rather dull and dry lately.
For the face, I’ve been using the Nuxe Masque Frais Hydratant on pamper nights. After exfoliating, apply this onto dry skin and you’ll wake up with plump and hydrated skin the next morning. You can leave it for ten minutes and then wipe it off and use your regular moisturiser afterwards, but you can also just let it on and then it’ll work as an overnight mask.
I’ve also traded in my regular moisturiser for a more heavy duty one. The Nuxe Rêve de Miel moisturiser is a really thick cream, filled with all sorts of natural ingredients that do wonder for the skin, such like honey, argan oil and shea butter. I use this both day and night and it makes a massive difference to my skin, which looks more glowy and radiant after every use.
For make up, I’ve been swearing by the Erborian BB Cream (review here!) which I’ve been using every day since I got it. It’s moisturising and leaves a really dewy finish to my skin, which I absolutely love. It covers up all imperfections whilst still being a ‘skincare’ product. For a little bit extra hydration, I’ve been mixing it up with the Laura Mercier Oil-Free tinted moisturiser (review).

So this is my hydration-heroes line up. What are your holy grail hydration products?


2 opmerkingen:

  1. I want to try the Nuxe Masque Frais Hydratant, it sounds amazing! I definitly need to treat my skin to this from the cold weather England has been having recently x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Charlotte
    Im loving the Nuxe oil, got it in my Deauty box
    Do you know them? I can see you live in Belgium too, so check them out if you dont know them already:) Its just like all he other beauty subscription services
    Hope that your sunday is great
    B

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen